Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
Moving with your baby
Your pregnancy can be a beautiful, special time, providing an opportunity to turn inward and get in contact with yourself and the baby you are carrying. In a short period of time the body goes through a great transformation, getting ready for the delivery. Prenatal Yoga gives you the opportunity to embrace your changing body and supports this process by practicing meditation and yoga postures, in combination with breathing- and relaxation exercises and specific poses that can be used during delivery.
The Prenatal Yoga teacher training program is uniquely designed for yoga teachers who want to specialise in pre and postnatal yoga.Yoga also affects the mind positively, so pregnant woman can easily handle stress, anxiety and any other negative emotions.
The regular practice of during pregnancy can help women to prepare their mind and body for labor and birth as this Yoga ways of keeping them to focus, to and keep them healthy. The Yoga postures are gentle tension sickness the body active and supple and minimize the common smooth delivery by relieving around and constipation. It can also help in ensuring easier labor and during labor the cervix and birth canal and by opening the pelvis.
Whether you want to get ready to modify a yoga practice for your “regular” students who got pregnant, or you wish to build a special prenatal/postnatal program for women who have never practiced yoga before – Avana Yoga Pregnancy TTC will prepare you for both Course Structure
Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
Learning OutcomesOn completion of the training, students will
- Understand the importance of GabhadhanSamskar
- Be able to confidently teach prenatal/postnatal classes
- Have learnt to apply the art of observation, adjustment and the effective use of props in asana
- Anatomy, physiology and Hormonal changes during pregnancy/childbirth and postpartum
- Create awareness in the Childbirth options
Areas of study include:
- The main focus of this Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training is the understanding of the Asana, pranayama and meditation practice
- Each day will comprise of Asana Practice and perfecting your observation skills as a teacher and finding comfort and confidence in giving direction in and out of the pose and being effective and intuitive with the use of props
- Theory classwill cover teaching methodology and Garbhadhansanskar and the principal of yoga anatomy and meditation
- Prenatal and postnatal yoga sequence
- Asana explained in full:
- How to come in to the pose
- How to come out of the pose
- Use of Props while in the pose
- Variations and modifications
- Individual anatomical formation, the interaction of bones, muscles, ligaments, joints and fascia
- Limitations and the uniqueness of the human body. In Pregnancy Yoga, we are aware of and respect the differences of the individual skeletal structure of every individual. Each pose will be adapted to the personal needs of the student and will look different for each of us
- Teaching methodology principles of assists
- Developing a functional approach to Yoga (Function & Aesthetic)
- Motion analysis in the group, understanding the impact of individual bone structure (compression) in the Asana practice
- How to sequence effectively
- Introduction to Traditional Vedic philosophy and the 16 Samskaras
Eligibility + Pre-Requisites
- Students should have a personal yoga practice, an open mind and a willingness to learn
- Students should recognise that the course will be demanding throughout. Successful completion of the course will require significant effort, focus and dedication. In this respect, students should ensure that they are emotionally and physically fit for this undertaking and fully committed to the course
- If you are unsure of your eligibility to book onto the training, please contact us for advice
Certificates will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
This program is recognised by the Indian govt.
Certification to the successful student entitles them to teachin any part of the world.
Upon the completion of your Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training, you will have all the basic knowledge and skills required to teach a Pregnancy Yoga class with confidence and the ability to give your students individual assists, modifications and variations where necessary. This course will also deepen your own Yoga practice, giving you more awareness and respect to the limitations of your body.
Written and practical assessments will have to be completed at the end of the course; in order to graduate students must attend a minimum of 100% of the course. Should a student miss more than this, they will be required to take catch-up classes as agreed with the tutor. These will incur an additional charge.
Upcoming Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course
Date: 1st to 7th April 2020
Location: RYS Indore, India
For more information please Contact Us