Hatha Yoga is a flexible combination of specific techniques that help develop every aspect of the individual: Physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual. It is a scientific system that integrated the various branches of yoga and brings about a harmonious development of the individual. Regular practice of yoga helps achieve a body of optimum health and strength, senses under control, a mind well disciplined, clear and calm, an intellect as sharp as razor, a strong will, a heart full of unconditional love and compassion, an ego as pure as crystal, and a life filled with supreme peace and joy.– -Swami Satchidananda
Hatha Yoga practice starts with the physical body, preparing the ground for progressive stages of your yoga practice, such as pranayama and meditation.
Most Hatha Yoga practice traditions start with purification practices where the body is first made free of toxins so that the flow of energy (prana) is streamlined. The practice of asanas then makes the body strong and supple. The physical body is the vehicle of the soul and we must pay appropriate attention to the welfare and fitness of the body. Pranayama practices enable the Kundalini to awaken, finally leading to the state of self-realisation.
Full Accredited 200hr Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Embody and teach yoga with confidence, skill and secure foundation of knowledge. Inspirational and educational training that will enable you to find your individual voice as a teacher and establish a deep connection within yourself. Avana Yoga offers teacher training courses in India and Cambodia.
On completion of the training, students will
- Know, and be able to apply, the Principles of Alignment
- Have learnt to apply the art of observation and adjustment in asana
- Understand and be able to apply the art of sequencing
- Be confident in using Sanskrit names of asana
- Be able to confidently teach led classes, including basic meditation and pranayama techniques
- Understand, and be able to explain, the roots and philosophy of yoga.
- Understand, and be able to explain, the chakras and subtle body anatomy
Areas of study
- Teaching methodology and teaching principles
- Adjustments and alignment
Eligibility + Pre-Requisites
- This course will be delivered in English and therefore a good understanding of spoken and written English is required.
- Students should have a personal yoga practice, an open mind and a willingness to learn.
- Students should recognise that the course will be demanding throughout. Successful completion of the course will require significant effort, focus and dedication. In this respect, students should ensure that they are emotionally and physically fit for this undertaking and fully committed to the course.
- If you are unsure of your eligibility to book onto the training, please contact us for advice.
The certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
Avana Yoga is accredited by Yoga Alliance USA. On successful completion of the training, students will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour RYT (registered yoga teacher).
Written and practical assessments will have to be completed at the end of the course; in order to graduate students must attend a minimum of 90% of the course. Should a student miss more than this, they will be required to take catch-up classes as agreed with the tutor. These will incur an additional charge.
|Jan 9 – Jan 28||Closed||Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|Feb 1 – Feb 20||Closed||Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|April 11 – April 30||Closed||Indore, India|
|May 9 – May 28||Closed||Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|July 1 – July 20||Available||Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|July 24 – Aug 12||Available||Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|Nov 1 – Nov 20||Available||Siem Reap, Cambodia|
|Dec 1 – Dec 20||Available||Siem Reap, Cambodia|